It's been a while since I made Plumeria soap, and I forgot how great of a scent it is! Even my kids commented when they got home from school..."Mmm, what smells good?" The last time I made Plumeria soap, it was when I was doing melt and pour...so it's been a few years.
I wanted to experiment with rose clay again. When I made my Apple Blossom batch, I used 1.5 teaspoons of clay...with the Plumeria batch, I only used 1/2 teaspoon. It turned out a pretty pale pink.
I also got a layer of ash, so I used my acrylic bar beveler/planer to remove it (from Soap Making Resource).
While I was planing the tops, I was thinking maybe I should try to
bevel them too, since I haven't tried that feature yet. I only bevelled
the tops to see how it would go. Guess what...it was super easy! I showed my husband what a bevelled soap looks like and even he thought it was impressive. Bevelling sure "classes it up"!